Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year...and welcome back to school!

I can hardly believe our little ones are half way through their Kindergarten year!  What an accomplishment! 

January holds many fun activities including the children's first science fair, which we will do as a class project.  We will be celebrating the new year this week and celebrating 100 days of school very soon as well.  Our days will be full of learning about the thermometer and a review of God's seasons.  Our math skills will increase as we count backwards, by twos and continue our skills with money and addition.  Science includes color, light, temperature, magnets, solids, liquids and gases and hibernation.  I can't wait for our hibernation day!

It's always amazing how much progress the kids make in reading and writing skills during the second half of the year.  Watch for the sight word collections to come home soon.  Speaking of homework, I will begin sending one homework project a week home.  It will come home on Monday, and be due the following Monday.  This is in addition to the reading practice.  This allows plenty of time to work on it, keeping homework light and fun.  Attitudes about school and learning are our biggest goal at this time in life!

Thanks to all you parents and grandparents for the great support you give our class!  We couldn't do it without you!

Happy 2011!

Mrs. Linscomb

2 comments:

  1. Yea! The blog is up and going. We need to get the info from you so we can put those cute faces up here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaime! I'm so sorry... I thought I gave that to you. Oops!!! I'll get it to you right away. Meanwhile, I'll learn how to upload my own pictures. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete